WE ARE OPEN FOR PHYSIOTHERAPY APPOINTMENTS
North Down Physio is now open for face-to-face physiotherapy treatment. We are following government guidelines and implementing necessary COVID-19 safety measures to keep you and our staff safe.
We are open in order to assist those in pain in this stressful time and to help you recover fitness after illness, surgery or injuries.
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have put strict health and safety measures in place that follow Public Health England (PHE) and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
These measures are necessary, as the risk of virus transmission during face-to-face physiotherapy activity are heightened, as the therapist and patient are highly likely to be in close contact (i.e. separated by less than two metres). Please read and abide by the following measures.
Booking and appointment criteria
You will need to have a triage call with the Physiotherapist before coming in for your appointment. This will allow them to carry out a Covid-19 screening as well as get the history of your injury to see if face to face appointments are appropriate.
You will also be informed of the procedures in place and safety measures which we have implemented for patients and staff, so you know what to expect.
Please call 02890 425517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a free phone consultation prior to making a booking.
We will ask why you are requesting a face-to-face appointment and offer remote video consultations when the benefit of attendance is outweighed by the risk and/or if you do not feel comfortable to come into the practice.
We will need additional consent for face-to-face appointments; we have a consent form that we will ask you to sign when you attend.
You will not be able to have a face-to-face appointment if:
- You have confirmed OR suspected COVID-19
- You have or have had cold or flu-like symptoms in the last seven days
- You live with or have been in contact with a person who is: confirmed OR suspected COVID-19 OR has symptoms of the illness
- You are considered high-risk and extremely vulnerable
- You have travelled within the last two weeks
If patients are 70+ and/or at moderate risk, we will begin with a remote consultation.
Staff and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Practitioners will wear PPE in accordance with PHE guidelines: masks, disposable apron and gloves as deemed appropriate.
Clinic uniforms will be laundered daily at high temperatures.
What we’re doing
A high standard of hygiene is practiced by staff at North Down Physio to minimise risk of transmission. Therapists will clean and disinfect the couch, chairs and all touch points/surfaces between uses.
Treatment sessions will be spaced out with staggered times to avoid contact with other patients and to allow cleaning/disinfecting between clients.
Therapists will wear a mask, gloves and apron and will clean hands prior to and after the sessions. If the toilet is used (in exceptional circumstances), it will be disinfected as regularly as possible during the day.
Aeration of the rooms will be increased.
We regret that you will have to expect slightly less comfort as pillows will be covered with wipeable plastic, no towels/blankets will be used and all our magazines and chairs at reception will have disappeared!
What to bring and do before arriving at North Down Physio
- Arrive on time at your appointment; if you arrive too early, you may have to wait outside the practice
- If you are accompanied, your companion will be asked to wait outside the clinic (an exception is made for minors)
- Arrive wearing your personal mask or face-covering and keep this on before entering the building. This is as per government recommendations due to you being within two metres of someone you don’t normally meet and in an enclosed space
- Keep your phone in your bag or coat
- Arrive with as few belongings as possible
- Use your own toilet before coming to the practice
On arrival at the practice and within the practice
- Clean your hands as soon as you enter the practice with your personal hand sanitiser or with the one provided at the reception.
- In case you need to wait for your appointment, use the floor markings at reception
- Avoid touching anything and particularly door handles, stair rails, and other equipment
In the treatment room
- You will be asked further Covid-19 questions and to sign consent (The pen will be wiped before you handle)
- Couches are covered with couch roll and disposed of after every client
- All fabric equipment has been removed (towels, pillowcases, bed covers)
- We will use minimal physiotherapy and exercise equipment and if in use they will be protected/disinfected
Payment for sessions and leaving North Down Physio
Payments can be made by card or over the phone to avoid contact with a card machine or bank transfer. No cash or cheques will be accepted.
Please call 02890 425517 to pay for your treatment either prior to or after your session; you must pay on the day of your session.
If the card machine is used, the machine will be disinfected between patients.
On leaving the practice, the therapist will ensure a full wipe down procedure through the reception area.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding. Stay alert, control the virus and save lives.