Yoga helps to break the crippling cycle of stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia caused by modern life. This is a gentle class with flowing movements with breath synchronicity and awareness. You will nurture your body and mind by releasing physical and mental tension, and aid your body’s healing process through deep relaxation.
You will improve your well-being and self-esteem in a welcoming, supportive environment. A typical class will include a mixture of the following practices and teachings :-
Discover how to slow down and become still, with restorative sequences of tranquilising postures (asanas) and breathing practices (pranayama).
The postures of Yoga are not gymnastic exercises, but meditative movements intended to bring us to a centred and peaceful state of being. You will learn this sensate art of tethering the busy mind in a relaxed and revitalised body.
You will learn how to breathe properly and to experience an enhanced vitality. You will understand that the “breath is the string of the kite of the mind”, and how you can calm the mind with the support of an array of simple ancient practices.
Explore the art of “letting go” with deep enriching cellular relaxation (Yoga Nidra) and other traditional relaxation skills.
You will practise a range of simple but effective meditations to relax the over-burdened mind and restore a sense of equanimity and natural optimism. You will learn how to transform negative emotional states and to cultivate compassion.
You will learn a range of subtle yoga practices to awaken your vitality and rediscover your zest for life. You will also discover some of the fascinating world of subtle anatomy.
Yoga Psychology & Wisdom Teaching
In the process, you will learn much about Yoga’s unparalleled insights into the body, mind, breath and natural rhythms.
Transformation & Self Discovery
Most of us came to Yoga for help with some sort of illness, physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual, and in the process, began a journey of self-discovery and were transformed. With trust, grace, and an open heart this will be true in your case.
- Improves mental wellbeing.
- Produces the chemicals (oxytocin & dopamine) giving us the post-Yoga “feel good” glow;
- Reduces the production of the stress hormone (cortisol ) which helps to lower levels of inflammation associated with chronic stress;
- Lowers blood sugar levels, reducing the risk of diabetes & metabolic syndrome;
- Lowers blood pressure, thereby reducing the risk of heart failure;
- Reverses the weight-gaining effects of cortisol & stress;
- Improves the immune system’s ability to fight infection;
- Increases cellular respiration, removing waste & harmful toxins from organs;
- Strengthens bones to counteract the weakening, thinning effect of excess cortisone;
- You do not need a diagnosis to come to the group or indeed any previous experience of yoga. You will find that attending sessions regularly with the same group is a very therapeutic and healing experience.
Yoga – Holistic Path Of Wellbeing
Stress is endemic in modern society, making us prey to various psycho-somatic conditions, including: tension, addictions, hypertension, depression, anxiety and insomnia. We are busy, scattered, out of sync and crave inner peace, space and balance.
The Yoga Tradition and Inner Peace
However, there is hope! Traditionally, Yoga was developed in India as a holistic science to harmonise body , mind and breath. It is known as “the Return to Wholeness” because of the unique way in which it brings us into harmony with our centre and innate sense of “being”. Then we can truly understand why Yoga means “re-union”. This “Return to Wholeness” is the vision and culmination of the “Traditional Yoga” taught at North Down Physio. Whatever your condition, age, motivation, you will discover, under compassionate and experienced guidance, that it is the journey to your own centre which will bring you healing and wellbeing.
To Book this class please log on to www.Mindbody.com and search for ‘North Down Physio’
Or download the MindBody App on to your smart phone.